Duygu Oner works as an Associate in the Dispute Resolution Department of Erdem & Erdem. Being experienced particularly in transport law and insurance law, Oner provides legal consultancy to local and foreign clients, participates in handling of commercial disputes as well as representing clients before Courts.
With a special focus on the maritime law, Oner mainly works on disputes arising from international commercial contracts and transportation matters. In addition, she has also experienced in recognition and enforcement of foreign court judgments and arbitral awards.
Duygu Oner graduated from Istanbul University Faculty of Law and took law courses at Leiden University in the Netherlands.
Illustrative Recent Representations
- Representing P&I Clubs and underwriters before Courts in relation to disputes arising out of air, road and sea transport and providing legal consultancy to the same
- Providing legal consultancy to ship owners, P&I Clubs and underwriters in relation cargo claims, bills of lading and charter party disputes.
- Participating in an arbitration proceeding before ICC in relation to a dispute arising out of an international sale contract and providing legal advice in relation to Turkish law matters
- Providing legal consultancy and assisting foreign clients in relation to recognition and enforcement of arbitral awards in Turkey and representing the clients before Turkish courts
- Providing legal consultancy to a foreign based broker company on various legal matter and daily transactions
- Providing legal consultancy to a prominent energy based company in relation to a dispute arising out of a joint venture project
- Providing legal consultancy to local and foreign clients during pre-litigation stage on a wide range of disputes arising out of transportation matters
- Istanbul University Faculty of Law
- Leiden University, the Netherlands, Erasmus Exchange Programme
- Istanbul American Robert College
Languages: Turkish, English
- Istanbul Bar Association
- Young ISTAC
- Robert College Alumni Association
- Evidential Contracts in Turkish Law of Evidence
- The Relation between Contract of Carriage by Sea and Bill of Lading
- Pre-contractual Obligation of Declaration of the Insurant and the Insurer's Rights in case of Violation of the Obligation
- 2016 York Antwerp Rules
- Constitutional Court Decision of the Action for Annulment of the Disposition Transaction
- Extension of the Arbitration Agreement to the Insurer in terms of Subrogation
- Arrest of Ships under Turkish Law
- The Consequences of Late Payment in the Procurement of Goods and Services
- Liability of the Sea Carrier for the Carriage of Goods under Turkish Law
- Carriage of Goods by Road under the Turkish Commercial Code