Hazel Coşkun Baylanhazelcoskunbaylan@erdem-erdem.av.tr
Hazel Coşkun Baylan is an Associate in Corporate Affairs Department of Erdem & Erdem. Her practice especially focuses on M&A transactions and general corporate advice as well as intellectual property law and employment law matters.
She takes part in M&A and venture capital projects by conducting legal due diligence, drafting shareholders agreements, share purchase agreements and share subscription agreements, conducting signing and closing transactions. She also provides assistance to local and multinational clients on the daily corporate needs including but not limited to holding general assemblies, preparation of board of directors’ resolutions, capital increases and decreases, company incorporations, share transfers, preparation and review of commercial contracts with a special focus on franchise contracts.
She advises clients with regard to intellectual property law matters, especially on intellectual property transfer agreements, trademark registration and invalidation actions. She further focuses on employment law matters, particularly on drafting employment contracts, protocols on restrictive covenants, unilateral and mutual termination documentation, employee stock option plans.
Hazel completed her LL.M. degree in King’s College London and received a law degree and a B.A. degree in political science from Istanbul Bilgi University. During her studies, she spent a semester as an exchange student in Ludwig-Maximilians-Universitaet München.
Illustrative Recent Representations
- She performed legal due diligences on behalf of local and multinational companies for the acquisition of the shares of the companies operating in the sectors of technology, logistics, food and beverage;
- She assisted venture capital funds in their investments to various start-up companies;
- She advised a pre-eminent Turkish conglomerate in its investments to various start-up companies;
- She advised an acclaimed Turkish company for the preparation and negotiation of franchise agreements in GCC countries;
- She advised multinational companies in trademark registration before the Turkish Patent and Trademark Office;
- She represented a Turkish company in trademark invalidation actions;
- She assisted multinational companies in all aspects of Turkish labor law during the incorporation of their Turkish subsidiaries.
- King’s College London, LL.M.
- Istanbul Bilgi University, Law Faculty
- Istanbul Bilgi University, B.A. in Political Science
- Ludwig-Maximilians-Universitaet München (Exchange Student)
- Deutsche Schule Istanbul
Languages: Turkish, English, German
- Istanbul Bar Association
- Jean Monnet Scholars Association
- King’s College London Alumni Association
- Deutsche Schule Istanbul Association
- Zekeriyakoy Rotaract Club