Suleyman Sevinc is Partner and Head of Dispute Resolution Department of Erdem & Erdem Law Office. Mr. Sevinc represents and provides consultancy services for nearly 20 years to foreign and local clients concerning their legal conflicts, day-to-day problems and litigation procedures.
He advises foreign and local clients in national and international arbitration proceedings, recognition and enforcement of arbitral awards and foreign court judgments, and has expertise in execution and bankruptcy proceedings, litigation arising from corporate law, contracts, foreign investments, mergers and acquisitions, labor law, transactions regarding the foreign persons’ possession of premises in Turkey, lien transactions, construction contracts in return for flat and urban renewal projects.
He also has vast experience in maritime law, more specifically in general average, rescue, and insurance and reinsurance law.
Mr. Sevinc is further experienced in transportation law, , law of obligations, private international law, intellectual property law, and international construction law and privatizations.
Illustrative Recent Representations:
- Representation of the Respondent in an arbitration before the Swiss Chambers’ Arbitration Institution, in a dispute arising out of a share transfer agreement between two oil companies
- Representation of the Claimant in an International Chamber of Commerce (“ICC”) arbitration between the Colombian subsidiary of a Turkish company, and a Colombian company active in mining sector
- Representation of a Turkish Super League football club in an ICC arbitration in a dispute with its former sponsor from Dubai
- Representation of a Turkish Super League football club in a Court of Arbitration for Sport (“CAS”) arbitration in a dispute with its former head coach
- Representation of a Turkish glass manufacturer company in an ICC arbitration in a dispute with its former distributor from Germany
- Representation of a Turkish glass manufacturer company in an Istanbul Chamber of Commerce (ITOTAM) arbitration in a dispute with its client from Ukraine
- Representation of a group company and its subsidiaries active in the energy sector in various commercial and administrative litigation concerning environmental impact assessment reports, zoning plans and other administrative disputes for ports and expropriation proceedings
- Representation of a group company’s Luxembourg based subsidiary - in various commercial litigation proceedings concerning shareholding status and representation
- Representation of a global animal health company in several litigation cases regarding labor law and consulting on employment issues
- Representation of an Italian mining firm, which holds licenses in Turkey, in litigation matters regarding labor law and other commercial issues, consulting on mining license issues
- Representation of a German company in several cases based on labor law and commercial law, and also consultation on employment issues
- Representation of a group and its subsidiaries, which are active in food sector and also producing olive oil, soap and etc. products, in several litigation matters arising from global commercial affairs, employment issues and several commercial relations
- Representation of a reputable food company as counsel for the defendant in a litigation for trademark infringement and unfair competition claiming compensation for approximately TRL 250,000 (appr. EUR 125,000)
- Representation of Turkey’s leading aviation and ground handling services company as defense counsel in the lawsuits in connection with a shareholders dispute in a subsidiary with a claim of USD 26,000,000.
- Representation of a prominent Dubai based international real estate development and construction company in a series of lawsuits and execution proceedings with a claim of TRL 11,300,000 (appr. EUR 5,000,000)
- Representation of a leading Italian machinery company for the collection of claims of EUR 500,000.
- Representation of the clients of a leading British law firm as local counsel in series of litigation seeking compensation for personal injury and bodily injury and consumer related claims.
- Rendering legal advisory for a reputable Canadian coating company in litigation initiated by one of its Turkish customer for claims of USD 1,000,000.
- Representation of a Romanian construction company in litigation for the validity of bank guarantees with a claim of approximately EUR 2,700,000.
- Representation of Turkey’s leading paper manufacturing company in litigation as defense counsel with a claim of approximately EUR 1,000,000.
- Representation of a Swiss petrochemicals company in litigation for the enforcement of an award rendered by the American Arbitral Association (AAA) Commercial Arbitration Tribunal for the amount of approximately USD 1,500,000.
- Representation of a leading consumer products company in a litigation for the claims of good will compensation and loss of profit in the amount of USD 6,000,000 due to unjust termination of the distribution contract.
- Representation of an Australian equity investment and trade company in a litigation for the recognition of arbitration award ruled by ICC Court of Arbitration for the amount of USD 800,000.
- Representation of a leading regional export association in the litigation for the annulment of administrative fines of approximately TRL 900,000 (appr. EUR 400,000.00) imposed by the Turkish Competition Authority.
- Representation of a U.S. association in the litigation for the return of the expropriated property with a value approximately TRL 20,000,000 (appr. EUR 10,000,000.00)
- Representation of a leading U.S. advanced micro control company in the litigation seeking for compensation for the loss and damages due to breach of contract with an amount of USD 12,500,000.
- Representation of a reputable Turkish packaging company in the litigation seeking compensation of the loss and damages for defective products for an amount of TRL 400,000 (appr. EUR 200,000)
- Representation of a leading Turkish construction company in the litigation for culpa in contrahendo liability with an amount of USD 8,000,000.
- Representation of a Turkish shareholder in the litigation for share transfer with a claim of TRL 11,000,000 (appr. EUR 5,000,000)
- Representation of an Italian agent in the litigation for payment of the commissions, loss of profits and goodwill indemnity due to unjust termination of the agency contract by the principal for a total claim amount of approximately EUR 450,000.
- Representation of a leading Turkish construction company in the litigation for the enforcement of the decision of Russian tribunals for an amount of TRL 1,250,000 (appr. EUR 600,000)
- Representation of a leading prominent Turkish port operator in the litigation for a claim of approximately EUR 1,500,000.
- Representation of a Turkish glass manufacturing company, which is also the world’s third largest manufacturer, in proceedings of maritime litigation, labor litigation and commercial arbitration before the ICC
- Representation of a German company as shareholder in some leading Turkish machinery companies in a series of litigation for the collection of debts amounting to EUR 14,000,000.
- Representation of a Hong Kong based logistics company in the litigation and execution of bankruptcy proceedings and collection of receivables amounting approximately EUR 4,000,000.
- Representation of a Russian construction company in a series of litigation and bankruptcy claims for project related undertakings
- Representation of a Russian bank in a series of litigation for commercial matters and bankruptcy claims
- Representation of a French company in a litigation for the enforcement of an ICC award
- Representation of the Turkish and Greek joint venture on several cases regarding construction issues
- Representation of a Swiss chemical producer company in commercial matters with a total claim of USD 4,000,000.
- Representation of a Swiss company in collection of receivables.
- Istanbul University Faculty of Law
- TED Ankara College
Languages: Turkish and English
“Erdem & Erdem Law Office’s Süleyman Sevinç is a well-known litigator and recently acted for a holding company in a case concerning the invalidity of contracts.”
“Based on Mondaq users readership, Süleyman Sevinç is ranked as Very Popular in Turkey for the topics listed as Employment and Labour Relations and for the industries listed as Business & Consumer Services, Financial Services & Insurance, Government, Advertising & Public Relations, Accounting & Consultancy,Securities & Investment.”
- Istanbul Bar Association
- International Bar Association
- TED Ankara Alumni Association
- Non-Liability Agreements According To The Provisions Of Code Of Obligations
- Nationality Of Legal Entities
- Icsid For The Settlement Of Investment Disputes
- Penal Clauses In Employment Agreements
- ICC Arbitration Procedure Pursuant To The ICC Rules Of Arbitration
- Exit Right And Squeeze Out From Limited Liability Companies
- Ship Mortgages Under The Commercial Enterprise Pledge
- Termination Of Contracts On Lease Of Residential Premises And Roofed Workplaces By Notice At The End Of A Ten-Year Extension Period
- Consequences Of Obligor’s Default in Synallagmatic Contracts And The Difference Between Positive And Negative Damages
- Reinforcement Of Risky Buildings Under Law No. 6306
- Mobbing Under Turkish Law Pursuant To The Jurisprudence Of The Court Of Cassation And Turkish Code Of Obligations No. 6098
- Liquidation Of Ordinary Partnerships in Light Of Court Of Cassation Decisions
- Direct Bankruptcy For Collection Of Receivables Under Turkish Law
- Draft Law Regarding Temporary Employment Relationship And Private Employment Agencies
- Establishment, Structure And Functioning Of Courts Of Appeal