Zeynep Ezgi Yanarateşezgiyanarates@erdem-erdem.av.tr
Zeynep Ezgi Yanarateş is an Associate in Corporate Affairs Department of Erdem & Erdem. Her practice especially focuses on corporate law, competition law, intellectual property law and banking and finance law.
Ezgi has been working in the field of preparing objections and appeals regarding trademark and design applications before the Turkish Patent and Trademark Office and providing legal opinions to national and foreign clients in the field of intellectual property. She also represents clients before the courts for these matters. Ezgi also works as a trademark attorney at Erdem&Erdem.
Ezgi, who especially works on due diligence projects and regular corporate procedures, also provides consultancy services to clients in the areas of competition law pre-investigations and investigations, competition law compliance programs and training activities and personal data protection compliance programs.
Ezgi completed her LLB degree in Bilkent University Faculty of Law and her LL.M. at King’s College London Dickson Poon School of Law in the areas of intellectual property and competition law.
Illustrative Recent Representations
- Representing hot-air balloon and tourism agency companies operating in Cappadocia and Pamukkale in the investigations regarding cartel and concerted practice allegations before the Turkish Competition Authority,
- Representing a glass producer company operating in the field of glass production and importation on an international scale in the investigations carried out by the Competition Authority and making various exemption applications before the Competition Authority,
- Representing a company operating in the retail food trade in the preliminary investigation regarding excessive pricing allegation carried out by the Competition Authority,
- Representing a company active in beverage industry in an investigation regarding abuse of dominance allegations before the Turkish Competition Authority,
- Assisting legal due diligence of a company operating a port in Turkey,
- Representing a company active in MDF industry in an investigation regarding cartel and concerted practice allegations before the Turkish Competition Authority,
- Providing consultancy to a leading technology company in the fields of trademark and intellectual property law, preparing objections to the publications and appeals before Turkish Patent and Trademark Office, representing the company in trademark invalidation actions,
- Representing a big and international technology company for the permissions it has to obtain for its businesses in Turkey before the governships and provincial directorates of culture and tourism in Turkey,
- Working on unfair competition, trademark invalidation and infringement of copyright action against a cartoon character,
- Providing legal consultancy to various national and international companies in relation to their regular trademark law matters in various sectors such as jewelers, nutrition, stationery, clothing, accessories and technology,
- Providing legal consultancy to various companies in relation to their regular competition law matters in various sectors such as agriculture and electricity,
- Providing consultancy services to many national and international companies on all kinds of commercial law matters from their establishment to liquidation.
King’s College London Dickson Poon School of Law (LL.M.)
Bilkent University Faculty of Law, LLB
Ted Ankara College
Languages: Turkish, English, German
- Istanbul Bar Association
- Turkish Patent and Trademark Office
- Bilkent University Alumni Community
- Ted Ankara College Alumni Community