Supports to be given to Tradesmen and Craftsmen and Natural Person Merchants due to the Coronavirus Outbreak were determined
Through the promulgation of the President Decree No. 3323 (“Decision”), published in the Official Gazette dated 23 December 2020 and No. 31343, the conditions of grant and lease support to be given to tradesmen and craftsmen and natural person merchants due to the coronavirus epidemic were determined. Subsequently, through the promulgation of the Communiqué on the Grant Support Program and Implementation Principles Due to Coronavirus (“Communiqué”) published in the Official Gazette dated 24 December 2020 and numbered 31344, details on rent and grant support were regulated.
Through the Decision and the Communiqué, grant support within the scope of the support program to be prepared by the Ministry of Commerce ("Ministry") will be provided in two ways: income lose support and rental support. The duration of the support program is three months, in January, February and March of 2021, provided that the applications are made within the period specified in the announcement made on the website of the Ministry.
The direct grant support is 1.000 TL per month to be paid for 3 months.
- Tax-exempt tradesmen and craftsmen registered in the registry of tradesmen and craftsmen;
- Those who are active and whose commercial earnings are subject to small business taxation;
- Tradesmen and craftsmen operating in sectors which determined by the Ministry and affected by the measures taken within the scope of combating the Covid-19 epidemic;
- Natural person merchants operating in sectors which determined by the Ministry and affected by the measures taken within the scope of combating the Covid-19 epidemic
as of December 14, 2020, will benefit from the grant support.
According to the tax registry records of the natural persons who can benefit from the income loss support, if the workplaces where they carry out their main activities are rent, the rent support in the following amounts to be paid for 3 months is also given to those whose workplaces are rented:
- TRY 750 per month in metropolitan cities;
- TRY 500 per month in other provinces.
If the workplace rental price is less than the rental support amount, a rental support is provided in the amount of the office rental price.
In addition to this, through the Communiqué, it is stated that the economic activity definitions of tradesmen and craftsmen and natural person merchants who can apply to the support program will be announced on the Ministry's website before the application date. Benefiting from similar supports provided by other public institutions and organizations does not constitute an obstacle to benefiting from this support program.
Applications for the support program are made via internet address www.turkiye.gov.tr.
You may access the full texts of the Decision and the Communiqué by clicking on them below.