The Social Security Institution’s Announcement on Postponement of Insurance Premium Payment Periods
Social Security Institution (“Institution”) announced with the notice published in its website on 02.04.2020 (“Notice”), that insurance premium payment periods of the various employers who employ insured in workplaces were postponed due to the novel coronavirus (“Covid-19”).
Pursuant to the Notice the payment periods of the following employers were postponed to following dates:
- The private sector employers who employ insured employees within the scope of the Article 4/1,a of the Law numbered 5510 on Social Insurances and General Health Insurance (“Law No. 5510”) in workplaces of the obliged in the sectors which are accepted as being in the state of force majeure due to Covid-19 between the dates 01.04.2020 and 30/06/2020 (these dates are included) by the Ministry of Treasury and Finance pursuant to the Tax Procedural Code General Communiqué (“Communiqué”) published in the Official Gazette dated 24.03.2020 and numbered 31078 and
- The partners of joint stock companies who are members of board of directors, the acting partners of limited partnership in which the capital is divided into shares, all partners of the other companies and association of shipowners; who are insured within the scope of Article 4/1,b (Bağ-Kur) of the Law No. 5510, which the legal entities are accepted as being in the state of force majeure.
- The payment period of 2020/March insurance premiums which shall be payed until the end of 2020/April was postponed to 02.11.2020.
- The payment period of 2020/April insurance premiums which shall be payed until the end of 2020/May was postponed to 30.11.2020.
- The payment period of 2020/May insurance premiums which shall be payed until the end of 2020/June was postponed to 31.12.2020.
In the Notice, employers who are within the scope of curfew pursuant to the precautions of the Ministry of Interior was included either.
Default interest or penalty will not apply as a result of postponement.
However, there is not any postponement in the periods of submission of the information, document, declaration and applications which shall be submitted to the Institution pursuant to Law No. 5510.
Please find the related Notice here for detailed information.