Turkish Patent and Trademark Office published “Information on Time Limitations Related to Industrial Property Applications”
Turkish Patent and Trademark Office (“Office”) published “Information on Time Limitations Related to Industrial Property Applications” (“Information”) on 8 April 2020.
The Office stated that all time limitations regarding emergence, exercise and termination of a right including time limitations for compulsory administrative applications and lapse of time have been suspended effective as of 13 March 2020 pursuant to Provisional Article 1 of the Law No. 7226 published on 26 March 2020, and that this regulation also covers the time limitations regulated under the Turkish Industrial Property Code No. 6769.
Accordingly, the Office announced that the transactions subject to certain time limitations under the industrial property legislation shall be carried out as follows:
- Deadlines falling on 12 March 2020 or on an earlier date will stay the same.
- Deadlines falling between 13 and 27 March 2020 will change to 15 May 2020.
- For carrying out transactions of which deadlines fall between 28 March and 30 April 2020, period remaining as of 13 March 2020 will start to run as of 1 May 2020.
- For transactions of which start dates fall before 13 March 2020 and end dates fall on 1 May 2020 or on a later date, 49 days will be added to the end dates.
- For transactions of which start dates fall between 13 March and 30 April 2020, the periods will start to run as of 1 May 2020.
You may access the Turkish version of the Information here.