Can Yıldız is an Associate in Competition and Compliance Department of Erdem & Erdem. His practice especially focuses on competition law matters, investigations within the scope of competition law, M&A transactions, economic regulation, energy law and data protection law. He has defended high profile undertakings active in numerous industries in over 30 investigations conducted by the Competition Authority concerning a broad array of allegations. Additionally, he has represented a wide variety of leading multinational corporations operating in a wide range of geography including Turkey, Europe and United States in connection with competition law aspects of mergers and acquisitions. He has also advised many multinational and local companies on competition law matters. He further represented undertakings in annulment lawsuits and appeals pertaining to decisions of the Competition Board.
He also provides assistance and consultancy with regard to data protection law, US economic sanction regime and international anti-corruption and anti-bribery compliance programs.
Can Yıldız represented electricity distribution companies and incumbent supply companies in investigations launched by Energy Market Regulatory Authority. He has further provided consultancy to foreign investors with respect to renewable energy resources support mechanism and renewable energy resource areas in Turkey. He also represented companies in anti-dumping investigations.
He completed his law degree in Bilkent University.
- She provided legal consultancy in the merger process of six companies five of which are publicly held carried out within Şişecam.
- She provided tax and legal consultancy in the partial spin-off project for a holding in a leading position in the tourism sector.
- She provided legal advisory services for the Turkish affiliate of a global & leading paper and packaging company in relation to a full spin-off transaction conducted in line with tax and commercial legislation.
- She provided legal advisory services to a leading automotive company for the transfer of a service unit to a full liable company through partial spin-off transaction conducted in line with the provisions of tax and commercial legislation.
- She provided tax opinions on loans granted by various holding companies, both within the group and from credit institutions
- She provided legal advisory services to a healthcare company, having its headquarter in USA, for the merger transaction conducted between its Turkish affiliates.
- She provided legal advisory service to a global leading food company in relation to the financing alternatives that may be used for the purchase of the shares of the target company by indicating tax and legal consequences of each alternative. Following the execution of the share purchase agreement, she provided legal advisory services in relation to the merger transaction occurred between the referred companies and conducted in line with commercial & tax legislation.
- She provided tax and legal advisory services to a leading holding company engaged in automotive sector in relation to enterprise transfer project.
- Providing tax opinion in relation to several facility agreements including intercompany loans.
- Representation of a global and leading food company, having its headquarter in Netherlands, before the tax courts during the whole litigation process for their tax and customs disputes.
- Representation of a global and technology & service provider company, having its headquarter in Germany, before the tax courts during the whole litigation process for their tax and customs disputes.
- Representation of a global and leading pharmacy company before the tax courts during the whole litigation process including the reconciliation stage.
- Representation of a global telecommunication company, having its headquarter in China, before the tax courts during the whole litigation process for their tax and customs disputes.
- Representation of a global supplier company, having its headquarter in Japan, during the whole tax inspection and reconciliation procedure.
- Representation of a global fuel oil company during the whole tax litigation process
- She provided tax and legal advisory services to the Turkish affiliate of an Austria resident retail company for the liquidation process through the evaluation of the financial and legal situation of the company.
- She provided tax and legal advisory services to a leading holding company engaged in tourism sector in relation to several company restructuring projects including partial spin-off, full spin-off and merger transactions.
- Providing legal advisory service to a market leader company engaged in digital payment sector in relation to a company restructuring project.
- Evaluation of the financial tables of a global healthcare company’s Turkish affiliates, having its headquarter in USA, in term of technical insolvency/bankruptcy and determination of the legal alternatives for the elimination of the insolvency/bankruptcy situation.
Bilkent Üniversitesi, LLB
TED Ankara Collage
- Gönenç Gürkaynak, Can Yıldız & Sanem Kinalp, "The Relationship between Trade Policy and Competition Policy: The Interface between Predatory Pricing and Anti-Dumping Regulations”, The Academic Gift Book of ELIG, Attorneys-at-Law in Honor of the 20th Anniversary of Competition Law Practice in Turkey, March 2018.
- Şahin Ardıyok & Can Yıldız, "Turkey Introduces Project-Based Government Incentives”, Mondaq, 29 December 2016.
- Şahin Ardıyok, Tolga Turan & Can Yıldız, "The Long Expected Regulation On Renewable Energy Designated Areas In Turkey”, Mondaq, 1 November 2016.
- Şahin Ardıyok & Can Yıldız, "New Wave of Investment Incentives In Turkey”, Mondaq, 26 September 2016.