Ecem Süsoy Uygunecemsusoy@erdem-erdem.av.tr
Ecem Susoy Uygun is an Associate in Corporate Affairs Department of Erdem & Erdem. Her practice especially focuses on M&A transactions, general corporate advice as well as competition and data protection law matters. She participated in several M&A transactions in a wide range of geography including Turkey, Europe and South America.
She provides assistance on the daily corporate needs of companies including but not limited to holding general assemblies, preparation of board of directors’ resolutions, capital increases and decreases, share transfers, conversion of type and re-structuring and provides legal consultancy to domestic and international clients in the preparation and review of contracts in various areas, with a special focus on distribution and agency contracts. Additionally, she has represented the clients in establishment of foundations and branches.
Also, she advises domestic and international clients on cross-border transactions, antitrust and trade regulation matters in various industries. She advises clients with regard to merger control and exemption filings made before the Turkish Competition Authority, she provides consultancy to the clients with respect to Turkish and European Community competition legislation. She also provides counseling for local and multinational corporations in relation to daily corporate matters, and helps them to comply with competition law compliance programs. She also provides assistance and consultancy with regard to data protection law compliance programs.
Ecem completed her LL.M. degree in Freie Universitaet Berlin and received a law degree from Bilkent University. During her studies, she took legal courses at Cambridge University.
Illustrative Recent Representations
- She assisted a Turkish group company in the acquisition of all shares of Mota-Engil Logistica and Tertir Terminais de Portugal that amounts to 335 million.
- She assisted a Turkish group company in the acquisition of all shares of Senerji A.Ş. and Düzce Enerji A.Ş.
- She performed legal due diligences on behalf of domestic and international companies for the acquisition of the shares of the companies operating in cement, port, tourism and plastic pipe sector, ensured coordination with the foreign legal firms in the multijurisdictional transactions.
- She assisted to the largest double glazing provider in Turkey with regard to designing a franchise system and preparing of the exemption filing that was made the Turkish Competition Authority.
- She advised a client in establishment of a foundation in Turkey.
- She assisted a Turkish group company who is active in mining sector, in the acquisition of coal-mining assets in Colombia.
- She acted as the supporting personnel for the restructuring of the financing of hydroelectric power plants in Turkey owned by a Turkish company.
- She conducted legal due diligence on behalf of a Turkish group company, for the privatization of Derince port.
- She conducted legal due diligence on behalf of a Turkish group company, for the privatization of Kalamis Marina.
- She advised international companies in trademark registration before the Turkish Patent Institute.
- She provided legal advice to an international company in objection against a trademark subject to the application before the Turkish Patent Institute.
- She prepared data protection law compliance programs to companies.
- Freie Universitaet Berlin, LL.M. MBL
- Bilkent University, Law Faculty
- TED Ankara College Foundation Private High School
Languages: Turkish, English, French
“Based on Mondaq users readership, Ecem Susoy Uygun is ranked as Very Popular in Turkey for industry sectors listed as Education.”
- Istanbul Bar Association
- TED Ankara Alumni Association
- European Commission’s Foreign Exchange Spot Trading Cartel Decisions
- Germany’s Federal Cartel Office Prohibits Facebook from Combining User Data from Different Sources
- Adapting Bilateral Agreements based on Natural Gas in the Electricity Market
- The General Data Protection Regulation in Force
- Draft Guideline on Vertical Agreements and the Related Workshop of the Competition Authority
- Destruction of Personal Data
- General Communiqué On Electronic Books
- Domination Agreements
- Amendments Introduced To The Law On Regulation Of Internet Publications
- Rights Of Owners in Their Intellectual And Artistic Works
- Amendments To The Judicial System By Law No. 6545
- Amendments To The Labor Law By Law No. 6552
- Establishment Of Foundations
- Supervision Of Concentrations in Competition Law
- Selective Distribution System Under Competition Law
- Confidentiality Of Written Communications Between Lawyer And Client in Accordance With Dow Decision