Nezihe Boran is a Managing Associate in the Corporate Affairs department of Erdem & Erdem Law Office. Mrs. Boran has more than 10 years’ experience mainly in project finance especially for leading multinational banks and finance corporations, private-public partnerships (PPP) and in national and multijurisdictional merger and acquisitions (M&A) and in structuring and restructuring of the projects.
She provides legal assistance in all aspects of complex cross border financial transactions, acquisition financing, structured financing, project financing and foreign investment especially, in the fields of public private partnerships, mining and infrastructure for public services such as healthcare. She primarily represents sponsors or lenders (including multilateral financing institutions and export credit agencies) in all facets of project development and financing and participated in negotiations with government and private counterparties during the projects.
She focused on mergers and acquisitions, corporate law and conducted various corporate housekeeping projects for leading multinational firms in Turkey and has participated in M&A transactions in wide geography including Europe, the United States, the United Arab Emirates, Qatar, etc.
Illustrative Recent Representations
- She provided legal advice to one of the leading Russian companies on Turkish natural gas and energy legislation regarding its purchase of the shares of a local licensed company and conducted its general corporate housekeeping works and further provided legal advice regarding foundation of Turkey’s first underground natural gas storage facility.
- She gave legal advice to a leader energy generation company in Germany in its wind energy investment in Turkey.
- She acted as the legal counsel of the senior lenders for the financing of one of the largest coal fired power plants in Turkey and further acted as the legal counsel of the senior lenders for the restructuring of the financing in the same project.
- She performed due diligence for one of the largest media companies in Germany and Europe in its envisaged overall purchase of a leading Turkish group in media sector.
- She represented the sponsors in all facets of project financing of the Turkey’s largest integrated healthcare PPP project.
- She provided legal advice to the lenders (syndicated loan) in respect of the security package in the project financing of the PPP project in healthcare sector.
- She represented a leading global private bank and wealth manager in all facets of its potential project financing of the PPP project in healthcare sector.
- She led the overall purchase of a Turkish company by leading local group in food sector.
- She worked in drafting of the report, which was the basis for the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) approval regarding merger of a leading federal communication company with a local one in the United States of America.
- University of Virginia School of Law, LLM
- Bilkent University, LLB
Languages: Turkish (native), English (fluent)
- Istanbul Bar Association
- Bilkent University Alumni Association (BİLMED)
- University of Virginia Alumni Association
- Fenerbahçe Sports Club Association
- International Law Institute
- Communiqué on the Principles of Abolishing Privileges
- Parallel Debt and its Legal Nature under Turkish Law
- Draft Communiqué on Equity Based Crowdfunding
- Recent Developments on Corporate Governance Compliance Reporting
- Public Disclosure Obligation
- Management of Information Systems
- Crowdfunding in Turkey
- Bank Letters of Credit
- Movable Pledge Agreements in Commercial Transactions
- The Draft Law on Crowdfunding
- Healthcare PPP Projects: Funders’ Direct Agreements
- Healthcare PPP Projects: Payment Capacity of the Ministry of Health