Prof. Dr. H. Murat Develioglumuratdevelioglu@erdem-erdem.av.tr
Prof. Dr. H. Murat Develioğlu, is an Of Counsel of Erdem & Erdem Law firm, advising a wide range of local and international clients in legal matters.
He specializes in the law of obligations and CISG, family law, inheritance law, contracts law, property law, and collateral law. He has extensive expertise in complex security transactions, and set-off, and has experience project finance transactions including public private partnerships. He advises clients through providing opinions and participating in contract negotiations. He takes an active role in establishing the strategy and legal structure with a view to safeguard the client’s interests.
Murat Develioğlu graduated from Galatasaray University Faculty of Law in 1999. He completed a private law master’s degree at Galatasaray University Social Sciences Institute in 2001 and earned his doctorate degree at Neuchâtel University, Switzerland in 2005. He became an “associate professor” in 2012 and a “profsessor” in 2018. He has been giving lectures at Galatasaray University Faculty of Law, Department of Civil Law since 2000.
- Neuchâtel University Doctoral Program
- Galatasaray University Social Sciences Institute Master Program
- Galatasaray University, Faculty of Law
- Galatasaray High School
Languages: Turkish, French, English
“Based on Mondaq users readership, H. Murat Develioglu is ranked as Very Popular in Turkey for the topics listed as Finance, Banking and Media & Internet.”
- Istanbul Bar Association
- Galatasaray High School Alumni Association
- Amendment of the Law on Form of Contracts between Debit Card and Credit Card Issuers and Card Holders
- A Bizarre Decision of the Assembly of Civil Chambers of the Court of Cassation Regarding Simulated Transaction of Legator
- Have Form Requirements been brought for Engagements?
- Thoughts about Restrictions imposed on Contracts in Foreign Currency in the Example of Contract for Work including Costs in Foreign Currency
- May Deceived Spouse Claim Compensation from the Third Person who has had a Relationship with the Deceiving Spouse?
- General Information on Registration to the Data Controllers Registry and the Decision of the Personal Data Protection Authority
- Certain Amendments Projected for the Code on Pledges of Movables in Commercial Transactions
- Handover of the Leased Property after Conclusion of the Lease Agreement
- The Unlikelihood of a Subsequent Debt Repayment in Accordance With the Swiss Federal Court Decision Dated 21 July 2015
- Evaluation of Decisions of the 11th Civil Chamber of the Court of Cassation with regard to the Commencement Date of the Statute of Limitations for Claims arising from Anti-competitive Conduct
- Can Errors in Predicting Future Facts Be Considered Fundamental Errors?
- Organizational Liability Added To Art. 66 Of The Turkish Code Of Obligations Regarding Employer’s Liability
- Financial Sale And Lease Back
- Surety Rights To Recourse in Independent Collateral Suretyships
- Court of Cassation Decisions Regarding the Scope of the Application of Article 138 of the Turkish Code of Obligations of Indebtedness in Foreign Currencies
- The Liability Of More Than One Person For The Same Damage Pursuant To Turkish Code Of Obligations Numbered 6098
- The Court Of Cassation Decision Dated 13.02.2013 And Numbered 2012/14777 E. 2013/2711 K. Concerning The Validity Of The Suretyship Commitment Within The Framework Of General Transaction Terms
- The Problem Of Whether The General Provision Regarding Personal Guarantees in Article 603 Of The Law Of Obligations Shall Be Applied To Bill Guarantees
- The General Conditions Of Surety Insurance
- Spousal Consent Under The Surety Agreement Pursuant To Article 77 Of The Law No. 6455 And The Provision Added To Article 584 Of The Tco
- “Compensation en Droit Privé Turc”, Revue Internationale de Droit Comparé, Janvier-Mars 2013, no. 1, p. 105-119.
- “Commentaries of the Swiss Doctrine regarding the Installment Sales Contracts with Prepayment, in the Turkish Code of Obligations numbered 6098, and their Short Analysis under Turkish Law”, www. kazanci.com.tr.
- “Commencement of the One Year Time Limit Applicable to Demands Arising out of Tortious Acts”, Legal Law Magazine, Anniversary Volume for Prof. Dr. Rona Serozan, Istanbul 2011, p. 525-552.
- “Commencement of the One Year Time Limit Applicable to Claims Arising from Tortious Acts”, Anniversary Volume for Prof. Dr. Rona Serozan, Istanbul 2010, p. 787-821;
- “Provisions to be Applied in the Conflicts Arisen From Revenue Leasing Agreements”, Galatasaray University Faculty of Law Magazine, Anniversary Volume for Prof. Dr. Erdoğan Teziç, İstanbul 2007, p. 931-948.
- “Distinction of Surety Agreement and Participation in Obligations in the Light of the Swiss Federal Court Decision dated 23 September 2003”, Galatasaray University Faculty of Law Magazine, Anniversary Volume for Prof. Dr. Erden Kuntalp, Vol:I, Year: 3, no. 1, Istanbul 2004, p. 293–322.
- “Set-off under the Turkish Code of Obligations numbered 6098: the Concept, Formation of the Contract and Usage of the Right to Make Statement of Set-off, Legal Results of Sett-off”, Istanbul 2012.
- “Independent Guarantee Contracts In the Light of the Provisions Regulating Surety Agreements”, Istanbul 2009.
- “Garanties Indépedantes Examinées à la Lumière des Règles Relatives au Cautionnement”, PhD Doctorate Thesis, Neuchâtel 2005.