Defne Pırıldar works as an Associate at Erdem & Erdem. She especially provides legal advice on domestic and international M&A’s, banking and finance law, contracts, corporate governance principles and personal data protection law.
Defne Pırıldar who especially works on due diligence projects, M&As, regular corporate procedures, provides counseling services regarding domestic and international business law to domestic and foreign clients on international transaction.
She takes an active role on issues such as determining the responsibilities of clients pursuant to the personal data protection legislation, increasing their awareness and identifying the needs of a company for compliance with the legislation. She provides the application of Personal Data Protection Compliance Program to clients.
- Conducting due diligence of a company producing electrical and mechanical household devices,
- Conducting due diligence of a company carrying out mining activities,
- Conducting due diligence of companies operating in port management,
- Providing legal assistance for the execution of a mortgage agreement
- Provided legal assistance to the banks pursuing activities in Turkey, regarding bank legislation, contract law and regular corporate procedures,
- Provided legal assistance to the banks for the execution of a trademark pledge agreement and share pledge agreements,
- Provided legal assistance to a Turkish company in automotive industry for change of status,
- Representing a company operating in health sector in the investigations regarding cartel allegations before the Turkish Competition Authority,
- Representing the dominant firm in the flat glass market in the investigations carried out by the Competition Authority,
- Representing a company operating in liner shipping sector as the intervenor in a lawsuit before the administrative court for the annulment of the reasoned decision of the Turkish Competition Board,
- Provided legal assistance to a Turkish company operating in port management in conducting notification before the Competition Authority,
- Providing legal assistance for the management of compliance program regarding personal data protection law to a company operating in logistics and its parent company abroad.
- Preparation of necessary documents and policies as per applicable personal data protection law, preparation of data inventories, and completion of registry processes.
Koc University, Faculty of Law
Koc University, Archaeology and History of Art
Izmir American Collegiate Institute