The Liability for Valuable House Tax will be effective as of 2021a
Essential amendments were made in relation to Valuable House Tax (“VHT”) which was enacted through the Law No. 7194 published in the Official Gazette dated 7 December 2020. Through the Law No. 7221, the effective date of VHT was postponed to 2021. If the President does not take another postponement decision, the VHT obligation will be effective at the beginning of the year 2021.
Essential issues about the VHT liability in accordance with the recent amendments may be summarized as follows:
- Residential properties within the borders of Turkey that have a building tax value of more than TRY 5 million are subject to VHT.
- The rates which will be applied for the calculation of VHT are regulated as follows:
- For valuable houses having a value between TRY 5.000.000 and TRY 7.500.000: 3 per thousand for the part exceeding TRY 5.000.000
- For valuable houses having a value between TRY 7.500.000 and TRY 10.000.000: TRY 7.500 in relation to the value of TRY 7.500.000; 6 per thousand for the value exceeding TRY 7.500.000
- For valuable houses having a value higher than TRY 10.000.000: TRY 22.500 in relation to the value of TRY 10.000.000; 10 per thousand for the value exceeding TRY 10.000.000
- Taxpayers owning only one residential property within the borders of Turkey will not be required to pay VHT regardless the value of this property is.
- Those who have more than one house within the scope of VHT, will not be required to pay VHT for the house with the lowest value.
- The first VHT return will be submitted in February 2021 to the authorized tax office where the residential property is located.
- The tax levied and accrued by the tax office will be paid in two equal instalments until the end of February and August of the relevant year.
All rights of this article are reserved. This article may not be used, reproduced, copied, published, distributed, or otherwise disseminated without quotation or Erdem & Erdem Law Firm's written consent. Any content created without citing the resource or Erdem & Erdem Law Firm’s written consent is regularly tracked, and legal action will be taken in case of violation.
Through the promulgation of Law No. 7394 on the Amendments of Treasury-Owned Immovable Property Valuation and the Value Added Tax Law and on the Amendments of Certain Other Laws and Decrees (“Law No. 7394”), published in the Official Gazette...
Through the promulgation of Law No. 7352 Amending Tax Procedure Law and the Corporate Tax Law (“Law No. 7352”), published in the Official Gazette dated 29th January 2022...
Through the announcement of Circular No. VUK-138/2022-1 and dated 25 January 2022 (“Circular”) made by the Turkish Revenue Administration, it has been announced that the deadline for the submission of tax returns regarding...
Special Consumption Tax Rates and Base for Some Passenger Cars are Amended
VAT Rate Applicable to Education Services Provided in Private Schools and Universities is Reduced to 1%
Procedures and Principles Regarding the Tax Registration Cancellation of Taxpayers with High Risk to Forge Documents is Published
The New Wealth Amnesty entered into force through the Promulgation of the Law No. 7256
Provisions on Restructuring of Public Receivables of the Law No. 7256 entered into force
New Taxation Rules were introduced for Share Buybacks
Procedures and Principles regarding the Restructuring of Some Public Receivables were determined through the General Communiqué Serial No.1
Procedures and Principles regarding the Wealth Amnesty were determined
The Revaluation Rate was determined as 9,11 % for 2020
Extension of the Period Designated for Submission of the First Country by Country Report
The Duration of VAT Rate Discounts on Certain Goods and Services is Extended
The Upper Limit of Stamp Tax to be Applied in 2021 was determined
Income Tax Tariffs Applicable on Remunerations and Income Other than Remunerations Acquired in 2021 were determined
The Communiqué on the Procedures and Principles Regarding Valuable House Tax was published
Special Communication Tax Rate was increased to 10%
VAT in Urban Transformation was reduced to 1%
SCT Rates on Electric Cars were increased
Tax Regulations Regarding Technopolis and R&D Centers
Withholding Rate of Long-term Construction and Repair Business was increased
Limitation on Financing Expense Deduction is Back
Special Communication Tax as Deductible Expense
Declaration of Wage Incomes for FY2020
Amendments to Regulation on the Conciliation Before Assessment
Corporate Tax Rate has been increased
The Period of VAT Reduction on Overnight Services in Accommodation Facilities Has Been Extended for 1 Month
SCT Amounts Imposed on Some Fuel Products Have Been Increased
The Corporate Tax General Communiqué No. 18 is Published
The Duration of VAT Rate Discounts on Certain Goods and Services is Extended Until July 31st
The Period of VAT Reduction on Accommodation Services has been re-extended
Time Extension for Wealth Amnesty
Obligation of Ultimate Beneficial Owner Declaration for Corporate Taxpayers and Certain Persons
The Duration of VAT Rate Discounts on Certain Goods and Services is Extended Until 30 September 2021
The Period of Withholding Rate Reductions on Real Estate Rentals is Extended to September 30th
The Rate Regarding the Working Time Spent Outside the Region and Centers by Personnel Working in Technology Development Zones and R&D or Design Centers Has Been Amended
The Law No. 7338 on the Amendment of Tax Procedural Law and Certain Other Laws Has Entered Into Force
Tax Amendments Introduced Through the Law No. 7341