Hazel Coşkun Baylan is a Senior Associate in Corporate Affairs Department of Erdem & Erdem. Her practice especially focuses on M&A transactions and general corporate advice as well as intellectual property law and labor law matters.
She specializes in M&A, venture capital and private equity investment projects by conducting legal due diligence, drafting, reviewing and negotiating shareholders agreements, share purchase agreements and share subscription agreements, performing closing transactions. She also provides assistance to local and multinational clients on the daily corporate matters including but not limited to holding general assemblies, preparation of board of directors’ resolutions, capital increases and decreases, company incorporations, liquidations, share transfers, as well as preparing, reviewing and negotiating all types of commercial contracts with a special focus on franchise contracts.
She advises clients on intellectual property law, especially on trademark registration, drafting, reviewing and negotiating intellectual property transfer agreements, technology transfer agreements, licensing agreements as well as software maintenance and technical support agreements regarding information technology law. She further focuses on employment law, particularly on drafting employment contracts, protocols on restrictive covenants, employee stock option plans and executing termination of employment contracts.
Hazel completed her LL.M. degree in King’s College London, and received a law degree and a B.A. degree in political science from Istanbul Bilgi University. During her studies, she spent a semester as an exchange student in Ludwig-Maximilians-Universitaet München.
- She performed legal due diligences for the acquisition of the shares of the companies operating in the sectors of port, mining, technology, logistics, manufacturing, food and beverage; drafted, reviewed and negotiated share purchase agreements, shareholders agreements and performed the closing transactions
- She drafted, reviewed and negotiated joint venture agreements
- She advised Turkish companies regarding venture capital and private equity investments, drafted, reviewed and negotiated share subscription agreements, shareholders agreements, share purchase agreements, and performed the closing transactions
- She advised investment funds and angel investors regarding their start-up and private equity investments, drafted, reviewed and negotiated share purchase agreements, shareholders agreements, share subscription agreements and performed the closing transactions
- She assisted local and multinational clients on the daily corporate needs including but not limited to company incorporations, preparation of general assembly and board of directors’ resolutions, amendment of articles of association, capital increases and decreases, liquidation
- She assisted local and multinational clients on disputes between shareholders related to commercial law
- She drafted, reviewed and negotiated intellectual property rights transfer agreements, technology transfer agreements and licensing agreements
- She advised Turkish and multinational companies in trademark registration
- She represented a Turkish company in trademark invalidation actions
- She assisted multinational companies in all aspects of Turkish labor law during the incorporation of their Turkish subsidiaries
- She advised Turkish and multinational companies on daily matters related to labor law, including but not limited to drafting, reviewing and negotiating employment contracts, employee handbooks, protocols on restrictive covenants as well as termination of employment contracts
- She advised clients on drafting and negotiating employee stock option agreements
- She advised foreign subsidiaries of Turkish companies as to the implementation of Turkish labor law for Turkish employees working in foreign subsidiaries
- She provided assistance in the liquidation and restructuring of companies with respect to labor law
- She drafted, reviewed and negotiated franchise and distribution agreements
King’s College London, LL.M.
Istanbul Bilgi University, Law Faculty
Istanbul Bilgi University, B.A. in Political Science
Ludwig-Maximilians-Universitaet München (Exchange Student)
Deutsche Schule Istanbul