Mehveş Erdem Kamiloğlu is a Senior Associate both in the Dispute Resolution and Corporate Department of Erdem & Erdem.
She represents parties from diverse backgrounds as counsel in arbitration proceedings and before local courts and acts as arbitral secretary before various arbitral institutions. She also coordinates lawsuits initiated in foreign countries by or against clients, and provides legal consultancy to local and foreign clients.
She handles all corporate work of a company starting from its incorporation. She also focuses on project finance and mergers and acquisitions.
She completed her Master of Law with honors in Northwestern Pritzker School of Law and worked in Kirkland & Ellis LLP’s New York office as a foreign associate.
- Sole arbitrator in a dispute between two Turkish companies in an arbitration before Istanbul Chamber of Commerce (“ITOTAM”)
- Counsel for Claimants in a dispute arising out of an electricity sales agreement before Istanbul Arbitration Center (“ISTAC”)
- Counsel for Respondents and Counterclaimants in an arbitration arising out of an electricity sales agreement before ISTAC
- Counsel for Respondent, a football club in three different arbitrations arising out of non-payment of fees of football players before ISTAC
- Represented Claimants in an arbitration arising from a share purchase agreement against a Dutch company before International Chamber of Commerce (“ICC”)
- Acted as the Arbitral Secretary in an arbitration arising from a complex share transfer transaction before ISTAC
- Acted as the Arbitral Secretary in an ICC arbitration regarding a joint venture agreement executed between a Turkish and French company
- Represented Respondent in an arbitration regarding a share purchase agreement executed between a Turkish and a Russian company governed by Swiss Rules
- Represented a Turkish Super League football club in an ICC arbitration in a dispute with its former sponsor from Dubai
- Represented a Turkish Super League football club in an arbitration in a dispute with its former head coach before Court of Arbitration for Sport (“CAS”)
- Represents an online platform before Turkish courts in series of lawsuits for damages
- Represents a leading holding company in Turkey active in port management, energy, mining sectors and its affiliates in lawsuits arising from agreements, commercial disputes and corporate law
- Represented the Claimant in the lawsuit filed for the annulment of the Competition Board decision regarding the exemption application for the exclusive distributorship system in the flat glass sector
- Assisted the %100 share transfer of a company active in the cement sector
- Assisted a Group Company in the project financing of a mine in Kazakhstan by EBRD and Unicredit for USD 260 million
- Assisted in the acquisition of chrome mineral operator companies, a ferrochrome factory located in Russia and a mine in Kazakhstan
- Assisted the project financing of Dalaman Airport’s domestic terminal for USD 175 million
Northwestern Pritzker School of Law, Master of Law with Honors
Koc University Law Faculty
University of Groningen Law Faculty Erasmus Programme
Izmir American Collegiate Institute
- ICC Dispute Resolution Bulletin, ICC SME LABS #2: ICC Expedited Arbitration, 2021, Issue 2