Tuna Çolgar is a Partner in Corporate Affairs Department of Erdem & Erdem. He is highly specialized on a wide range of corporate matters including national and multijurisdictional complex merger and acquisitions, investments, joint ventures and share transfer transactions.
Furthermore Mr. Çolgar focuses on corporate structuring including the spin offs, option rights and group company managements and additionally he is experienced in cross-border strategic business transactions project finance, structured finance, acquisition finance, privatizations and private equity investments.
He also has extensive experience in advising and coordinating all aspects of energy projects including drafting and negotiating EPC and its supplementary contracts. Additionally advising on and drafting of various local and international contracts in types including FIDIC and ICC contracts. He represented foreign and local clients, in various projects in Turkey and abroad.
He is also experienced in advising, drafting and negotiating agency and distribution contracts and cross-border representation agreements.
- Advising a port company in the acquisition of seven container port terminals in Portugal, two terminals in Spain and one in Peru, that the transaction is the largest investment made by a Turkish company in Portugal as well as one of the biggest port investments in Europe in 2016 (Euro 330 mio).
- He was the project leader in 100% share transfer of a domestic port company (USD 220 mio).
- He was the key adviser in acquisition of a port company in Sweden by an administrative tender procedure (USD 100 mio).
- He is the project leader in cross-border asset purchase project for a glass production company.
- He is the key adviser in cross-border asset purchase project for the acquisition of a coal mining company. (USD 100 mio)
- He is the project leader in cross-border thermal energy project which includes drafting and negotiating of EPC contract and Operation and Maintenance contracts of a thermal electricity production plant (approx. USD 2 billion)
- Advising one of the biggest glass companies in Turkey for their agency, distributor and representative appointment projects outside Turkey including Europe, Africa, Americas, UEA. Drafting and negotiating agency and distribution contracts for the client.
- He is the project leader in cross-border private placement project in Turkey (expected to be over USD 500 mio).
- He is the key adviser in cross-border joint venture project for construction of a plant regarding the production of raw material for glass production.
Istanbul Bilgi University – Law of Economy, LL.M
Istanbul Bilgi University Law Faculty
“According to Mondaq readers, Tuna Çolgar has been rated as 'Very Popular' in Turkey in many sectors such as Engineering, Construction, Government, Securities and Investment, Public, Oil and Natural Gas, Advertising and Public Relations.”
A client says: "Solution-oriented." – IFLR1000
A client says: “Tuna has solid experience in M&A deals. He is dedicated to his work and responsibilities, deadlines, pro-active and available to assist us and solve problems whenever necessary. Apart from the M&A deal, he also provided consultancy to us for our other requests.” – IFLR1000