Sevgi Unsal Ozden works in Erdem & Erdem’s İzmir Office as a Managing Associate. She participates in handling disputes and represents clients before Courts as well as serving domestic and international clients as a consultant regarding their corporate daily matters.
Unsal Ozden represents clients, especially in disputes arising from the areas such as labor law, social security law, law of obligations, commercial law, and real property law. She provides legal consultancy and litigation services to her clients regarding the regulation of the employment relationships, preparation and termination of employment contracts, and in all matters arising out of the labor law. She also assists her clients with regard to the application of the Labor Law Compliance Program.
Unsal Ozden has also experience in legislation on data protection and takes part actively in issues such as determining responsibilities of the clients pursuant to the legislation, increasing their awareness, and identifying the needs of the company for compliance with the legislation. She provides the application of the Personal Data Protection Compliance Program to clients either.
Sevgi Unsal graduated from Dokuz Eylul University Faculty of Law and she is currently pursuing a master degree program in Economic Law at Dokuz Eylul University, Institute of Social Sciences.
- Representing a joint-venture of two companies operating in environmental technologies sector in various cases
- Representing a leading food company and its affiliates in various cases
- Providing pre-litigation legal support to local and foreign clients regarding many different disputes arising from the law of obligations, preparation of legal assessment and evaluation reports and representation of clients before courts.
- Providing legal advice for the settlement of any disputes regarding real estates owned by a holding company operating in tourism and industrial sectors
- Providing consultancy to a holding company and its subsidiaries, which serve as a sub-industry to many automotive companies in Turkey and Europe, in their commercial activities.
- Providing legal consultancy to a leading company in the packaging industry on the preparation of corporate governance documents and trade registry transactions.
- Providing legal support while the preparation of vendee legal due diligence report for a company that operates in mining industry.
- Contract preparation in a wide range of fields, including procurement, confidentiality, consultancy, sponsorship, rental, sale, real estate sales promise, service procurement, responsible manager, management, and business for companies operating in a variety of industries
- Providing consultancy services to a leading automotive company in Turkey on labor law disputes and compliance with labor law legislation
- Providing consultancy services to the ceramic products manufacturer company within the scope of labor law and preparing an employment contract
- Providing legal consultancy services on labor law to a group company and preparing template employment contracts
- Representing local and foreign clients in various cases regarding disputes arising from labor law, social security law, commercial law and law of obligations
- Providing legal advice during dispute resolution arising out of social security law to real persons resides in Turkey
- Providing legal consultancy to foreign based companies which operates in food and automotive sector in the field of collective labor law, preparation of legal assessment reports,
- Providing legal consultancy to local and foreign clients during pre-litigation stage on a wide range of disputes arising out of labor, social security and obligations law, and preparation of legal evaluation and assessment reports,
- Implementing the personal data protection law compliance program as a probono to an association operating for the visually impaired and completing the compliance process
- Providing consultancy to a tourism company in order to comply with personal data protection legislation
- Providing consultancy to the company providing smart health platform services in order to comply with the personal data protection legislation
- Providing consultancy to an energy company operating in the field of plastics and chemicals in order to comply with the personal data protection legislation
- Providing consultancy to a group company operating in many different sectors in order to comply with the personal data protection legislation
- Management of compliance programs regarding personal data protection of local and foreign clients which operates in various fields, especially in the automotive, food, tobacco, industrial, tourism, energy and health software sectors, in-house trainings within this scope, preparation of documentation and policies in accordance with applicable legislation, preparation of data inventories and completion of registry process,
- Providing legal opinion regarding personal injury suffered by foreigners in Turkey for the cases that proceed abroad in accordance with the expert evidence procedure
Dokuz Eylul University, Institute of Social Sciences, Economic Law, LL.M. (continues)
Dokuz Eylul University, Faculty of Law
Private Yuce College
A client says: “Good technical skills and provided a very clear and objective focussed opinion. Very good client service levels, responding to e-mails quickly and providing the (complex) opinion within weeks of instruction.” - IFLR1000
A client says: "Solution-oriented." - IFLR1000