Tilbe Birengel is an Associate in the Dispute Resolution Department of Erdem & Erdem.
She is specialized in investment treaty arbitration, international commercial arbitration and litigation. She represents clients in arbitration proceedings before international arbitration institutions and assists arbitral tribunals under various institutional rules. She works for recognition and enforcement of arbitral awards and foreign judgements. She represents clients before local courts, and coordinates overseas lawsuits.
She provides consultancy on corporate law, competition law, data protection, compliance, technology, and intellectual property law and the European Union law.
She was awarded Jean Monnet Scholarship of the European Union for her Advanced Master of Laws degree in European and International Business Law from Leiden University, the Netherlands. Her thesis titled “Shareholders’ Protection Under International Investment Arbitration” focuses on reflective loss claims of shareholders in investment treaty arbitration.
She holds a Bachelor’s degree in Law and a Minor degree in Opera Studies at Faculty of Music and Performing Arts from Bilkent University.
- Representation of a prominent company in online digital platform services in a number of lawsuits in Turkish courts with total amount of USD 25,000,000,
- Representation of a prominent electronics manufacturer in a lawsuit with a claim by a leading Turkish electronics manufacturer against eight global companies for compensation of damages with an amount of 2,5 billion USD,
- Representation of a construction company in lawsuits and execution proceedings for collection of its receivables with an amount of USD 25,000,000,
- Representation of a prominent company operating in fertilizer industry in administrative and commercial lawsuits with total amount of 4 million USD,
- Representation of a leading payment systems company in the administrative lawsuit with respect to the request for annulment of the Turkish Competition Board's decision concerning the rejection of the Client's individual exemption application,
- Coordination of Turkish glass manufacturer and its subsidiaries’ litigation proceedings pursued in foreign jurisdictions,
- Representation of an energy company and its subsidiaries in commercial law disputes,
- Representation of a leading private bank in in disputes arising from competition law and law of obligations and also counselling the bank regarding daily issues and any kind of disputes arising from various subject,
- Representation of a Turkish glass manufacturing company, which is also the world’s third largest manufacturer, in proceedings of maritime litigation, labor litigation and commercial arbitration before the ICC (amount confidential),
- Representation of an Italian agent in the litigation for payment of the commissions, loss of profits and goodwill indemnity due to unjust termination of the agency contract by the principal for a total claim amount of approximately EUR 450,000,
- Representation of a group companies active in electric energy sector in multiple proceedings before Istanbul Arbitration Center (ISTAC),
- Representation of a well-known sports club multiple proceedings initiated by football players before ISTAC in addition to legal consulancy at setting aside proceedings,
- Representation of a company in geothermal energy industry in arbitration proceedings before International Chamber of Commerce (“ICC”) with total claim amount of USD 60,000,000 in addition to legal consulancy at enforcement and setting aside proceedings,
- Representation of a company operating in defence industry in arbitration proceedings before ICC with total claim amount of USD 1,500,000 in addition to legal consulancy at enforcement and setting aside proceedings,
- Representation of the client operating in industrial production business in negotiations with in relation to a possible dispute with amount of 4 million USD to be resolved at arbitration under the ICC Rules
- Representation of a sovereign wealth fund in various lawsuits and execution proceedings arising from unlawful attachments of the shares owned by the Client in a Turkish Bank on the basis of an ICSID award with a total amount of USD 40,000,000
Leiden University, the Netherlands, Advanced Master of Laws (LL.M.) in European and International Business Law
Bilkent University, Faculty of Law
Bilkent University, Faculty of Music and Performing Arts, Minor Degree
Leiden University, the Netherlands, Erasmus Exchange Programme
Hacı Ömer Tarman Anatolian High School