Alper Uzun joined Erdem & Erdem in 2009, and he is a Partner and Mediator in Dispute Resolution department. Uzun represents both domestic and foreign clients in their daily issues, litigations, and legal disputes. He gives consultancy services to his clients. He also gives mediation services, as an official Mediator registered before the Ministry of Justice of T.R.
Alper Uzun primarily focuses on consultancy of legal disputes and litigations, determination of risks, enforcing the process of pre-adjudication and after adjudication. Furthermore, Uzun practices on following the processes of bankruptcy and foreclosure, including suspending bankruptcy and also liquidation after bankruptcy, proceeding bankruptcy administrations, resolution of disputes within Taxation Law, evaluation of works and projects in term of taxation.
He also provides assistance on legal transactions and status evaluation with regard to Real Estate and Zoning Law, dispute resolution and process management arising from employment issues, conducting legal evaluation and reporting on privatization, purchase, mergers and acquisitions matters, determination of risks in relation to disputes, recognition and enforcement of foreign court decisions and arbitration awards.
Alper Uzun graduated from Istanbul University Faculty of Law. He completed his LLM degree on Financial Law in Istanbul University with his theses on Taxation of Joint Ventures under Turkish Law.
- Conducting lawsuits of a sector leading holding in Turkey conducting activities on especially energy sector and in other various areas and its affiliates, arising from agreements, commercial disputes, corporate law, administrative law, labor law and miscellaneous matters
- Pursuing lawsuits and execution proceedings of a holding having several partnerships in various companies doing business in different fields arising from inheritance law and corporate law, representing the company in various litigation
- Representation of a company, which undertook a very important state project of Turkey, in the dispute arising between the other shareholder of the contractor company, following the execution proceedings
- Representation of a sector-leading glass producer company in Turkey in the disputes arising from labor law, maritime trade law
- Following lawsuits of a worldwide doing business research company’s Turkey branch in Turkey
- Representation of an international trade mark in a dispute in Turkey arising from a breach of the trademark, following the lawsuit
- Representation of an international credit insurance company in disputes with Turkish companies in Turkey
- Conducting lawsuits of a Romanian construction company in relation to the securitization law, lawsuits in Turkey regarding compensation and insurance rights of various clients of two sector leading law firm in England, lawsuits arising from corporate law, real estate law and commercial disputes in relation to a customs brokerage firm incorporated in Ankara, lawsuit between a Turkish marine company and German bank regarding commercial receivables, lawsuits arising from arbitration and commercial disputes of a Turkish sector leading company conducting aeronautic and service activities, lawsuit arising from agreements and commercial receivables of a French machine manufacturer from a Turkish firm, administrative lawsuits of a Turkish sector leading exportation cooperation
- Counselling a very reputable Turkish bank in various disputes
- Following lawsuits and execution proceedings of an international Turkish company doing business in food sector, representation of the company in contractual disputes
- Conducting the process of recognition of foreign court decisions and arbitration awards, process of enforcement for legal disputes between a Turkish construction company, an English investment firm, an International French commerce firm, an International Hong Kong based commerce firm, and an Australian international investment firm
Following procedures as a mediator and attorney of a party, in mandatory and discretionary mediation proceedings
- Conducting lawsuits regarding disputes between a prime Turkish estate firm and contractors in relation to the agreements, conducting the lawsuit of an association on education sector arising from real estate law
- Representation of a state fund of an Asian country, in lawsuits and execution proceedings arising from disputes in Turkey
- Representation of a Russian international contractor company in disputes and lawsuits arising from bankruptcy and execution proceedings
- Representation of creditors in Council of Creditors of a Turkish company which declared concordat
- Conducting litigation and execution proceedings of a real estate and construction company established in Dubai, in relation to consumer law, labor law, agreements and commercial disputes, conducting dispute resolution proceedings of a French originated pharmaceutical company arising from labor law, conducting legal and enforcement proceedings arising from commercial disputes and labor law and additionally providing legal consulting service in relation to employer, employee relations, to a global investment company incorporated in Hong Kong
- Conducting and proceeding litigation of high amount of account receivable from a sector leading Turkish construction company, American industrial firm ,and Turkish firms that operate internationally to a sector leading Turkish company that manufactures durable consumer materials, Italian machine manufacturer firm, Russian construction firm, German commerce firm, Italian fabric agents
- Conducting various execution proceedings in relation to the secured and unsecured receivables of a one of the sector leading Turkish banks
- Representation of clients, administrators prosecuted for personal bankruptcy lawsuits about assigned banks
- Representation and legal counselling to a Turkish sector leading food exportation company and to one of the biggest companies of tourism sector, in lawsuits arising from corporate law, commercial disputes and labor
- Due Diligence for taking over shares of Turkish and foreign port companies to a foreign commerce company
- Conducting due diligence for a sector leader Turkish holding in relation to the privatization of prime Turkish port and “Istanbul Deniz Otobüsleri A.Ş. (IDO)”, for a the firm to participate the tender
- Reporting a legal report for public offering of a sector leading port company
- Conducting vendor due diligence for share transfers to be realized on companies of a sector leading Turkish holding
- Conducting due diligence in relation to the real estates for a Azerbaijani petroleum company planning to invest in Turkey
Istanbul University Financial Law Department, LLM
Istanbul University Faculty of Law
FMV Işık High School