Duygu Oner works as a Senior Associate in the Dispute Resolution Department of Erdem & Erdem. Being experienced particularly in international trade, transport law, corporate law and administrative law, Duygu Oner provides legal consultancy to local and foreign clients regarding commercial and administrative disputes arising in different fields of law, participates in handling of disputes as well as representing clients before Courts. She also represents clients before international arbitration institutions and acts as counsel in arbitration proceedings.
With a special focus on the maritime law, Duygu Oner mainly works on disputes arising from transport law, international commercial contracts, corporate law and administrative law. In addition, she has also experienced in recognition and enforcement of foreign court judgments and arbitral awards.
Duygu Oner graduated from Istanbul University Faculty of Law and took law courses at Leiden University in the Netherlands.
- Representation of a Turkish company operating in the port sector in various cases arising from administrative disputes
- Representation of another Turkish port operator company as an intervening party in an administrative dispute
- Representation of a Turkish port operating company with a foreign shareholder in an administrative lawsuit regarding zoning plans
- Representation of Turkey's leading retail company in an administrative dispute arising from competition law
- Representation of a real estate development company based in the United Arab Emirates in administrative disputes.
- Pursuing lawsuits and execution proceedings of a holding having several partnerships in various companies doing business in different fields arising from inheritance law and corporate law, representing the company in various litigation
- Representation of Turkey’s leading port operator in various commercial disputes arising in relation to company law
- Representation of the shareholders in various legal disputes arising from the shareholding and corporate law between one of Turkey's leading construction material production companies and its shareholders
- Representation of a worldwide trading Swiss company in collection of receivables from a Turkish company
- Representation of a leading company operating energy sector in an action for compensation due to unjust termination of an agreement by a leading Turkish energy supplier with an amount of USD 330,000
- Representation of a prominent Dubai based international real estate development and construction company in a series of lawsuits and execution proceedings based on labour law, real estate law and consumer law, consulting services and general litigation
- Provided legal consultancy and assisting foreign clients in relation to recognition and enforcement of arbitral awards in Turkey and representing the clients before Turkish courts
- Representation of a Russian construction company in a series of litigation and bankruptcy claims for project related undertakings
- Representation of a leading Turkish glass manufacturing company in a maritime litigation, labor litigation before Turkish courts
- Representation of a Romanian construction company in disputes arising out of validity of bank guarantees
- Representation of an Italian agent in the litigation for payment of the commissions, loss of profits and goodwill indemnity due to unjust termination of the agency contract by the principal for a total claim amount of approximately EUR 450,000
- Representation of Turkey's leading energy companies in the arbitration proceedings before ISTAC regarding a dispute arising from an energy supply contract.
- Representation of a client in the arbitration proceeding held before ICC in relation to a dispute arising out of international sale of goods
- Representation of an airport operation company in arbitration proceedings before the Istanbul Chamber of Commerce with respect to disputes arising from operation of leased property at a Turkish airport
- Participated in an arbitration proceeding before ICC in relation to a dispute arising out of an international sale contract and providing legal advice in relation to Turkish law matters
- Represented foreign based P&I Clubs and underwriters before courts in relation to disputes arising out of air, road and sea transport and providing legal consultancy to the same
- Provided legal consultancy to ship owners, P&I Clubs and underwriters in relation cargo claims, bills of lading and charter party disputes
- Provided legal consultancy to a prominent energy-based company in relation to a dispute arising out of a joint venture project
- Provided legal consultancy to local and foreign clients during pre-litigation stage on a wide range of disputes arising out of transportation matters
- Providing legal assistance and conducting due diligence for a port privatization project
- Providing legal consultancy in relation to the acquisition of immovable owned by Turkish company and operated as hotel and provided risk assessment with respect to the potential disputes
- Providing legal assistance to a leading private bank in the field of all kinds of disputes arising on various issues
- Providing legal consultancy to a foreign based broker company on various legal matter and daily transactions
Istanbul University Faculty of Law
Leiden University, the Netherlands, Erasmus Exchange Programme
Istanbul American Robert College