Didem Adlig Sonmez acting as Managing Associate at Erdem & Erdem’s banking and finance department, specializes in project finance, banking law, structured finance practices and capital markets transactions.
Didem represents domestic and foreign banks, financial institutions, borrowers, sponsors and other obligors in banking and finance and offers wide range of consultancy services with more than 10 years of experience in banking law, derivative transactions and relevant regulations.
Along with multi-national and industry-leading banks and financial institutions, she renders consultancy services to companies with their projects seeking finance and restructuring, operating in various sectors and particularly in energy, infrastructure and real estate.
She successfully carries out Public-Private-Partnership, Build-Operate, Build-Lease or Transfer of Operating Rights project models in energy and infrastructure projects initiated between public authorities and private sector.
Didem who also practices capital markets transactions especially in terms of publicly held company structures and securities, provides legal services to banks, financial institutions and publicly held companies in various sectors with capital market related matters.
Further, she has represented banks operating in Turkey and in the Netherlands with their treasury products, OTC derivatives transactions and internationally agreed standardized financial agreements and master agreements as well as future flow and asset backed securities and bond issue.
- Advising a leading bank of Turkey in financing and re-financing renewable energy investments of its customers.
- Working in motorway construction projects with Build-Operate-Transfer models financed by consortiums of leading banks in Turkey and foreign financial institutions.
- Advising banks on ship building projects and conducting due diligence, drafting loan and security agreements for cash and non-cash loans.
- Advising leading banks in drafting and negotiating general loan agreements, banking services agreements, security documents and other finance documents.
- Advising on supplier finance and cash management operations of a leading bank.
- Advising on international trade finance instruments such as guarantee letter, letter of credit or bank guarantees.
- Advising to banks in Turkey and in the Netherlands on clearing agreements with central counterparties, International Swap and Derivatives Association (ISDA) master agreements and schedule, ISDA credit support annex (CSA), Global Master Repurchase Agreement (GMRA).
- Advising to a leading bank on total return swap agreements.
- Working in health sector projects with Build-Lease-Transfer models financed by consortiums of leading banks in Turkey and foreign financial institutions.
Leiden University, Law Faculty, LL.M.
Bilkent University Law Faculty
Les Etablissements scolaires Tevfik Fikret d'Ankara